Errors with codes
If you are using our quotation software (Estimateur Dimensions) on french Windows 10 computers, please take note of these steps.
Sometimes, Windows 10 doesn’t set English(Canada) as default language, but English (United States) instead. If you don’t correct this, you may get an error when you will create a new quote our software.
To resolve this issue, please follow theses quick steps:
1) Once Windows 10 is installed, go to the Start Menu, then to Settings.
2) Click on Time and Language, then Region and language (in the left pane).
3) In the right pane, select English (Canada). Some buttons will appear below. When they will appear, just click on Set as primary.
The error should not appear again and problem will be resolved.
This is a synchronization error in your quote file, witch makes de quote unusable. There is deux versions of this error:
1) You can’t get into your quote at all
If this is your case, you can start over a new quote if this is possible for your. Or you can contact our technical support by phone so they can connect remotly on your computer to fix it (this should take aound 15 minutes work time).
2) you can get into your quote, but can’t print
You probably have windows in your quote. There is two possible solutions to fix this:
- Get into the 3D button, exit by saving all changes and try again.
- If this is not working, get back into the 3D button, unfasten your assembly, redo them and try again to print.
If one of these two methods doesn’t apply to you, please contact our technical support team by phone.
This is antivirus blocking issue of the software. You must ask your IT support to add the C:\EstimateurNDCD folder to the antivirus exclusions. If you are computer savvy, you can always do it yourself. Once done, if the problem still persists, contact us so that we can fix the missing or damaged files.
This error occurs when a DLL or OCX file is missing or was not installed correctly. You can try first try this:
- Right-click the Estimateur Dimensions icon and choose “Run as administrator (you only have to do this once).
- You will then have to accept the execution of the software by choosing “Yes” (message from Windows account control).
If all goes well, the problem should be corrected afterwards. If not, you would probably need to reinstall the software. Contact us if you need assistance doing this.
A file is missing or no longer exists. Most of the time, this is caused by antiviruses. We can put the file back in place for you, but if the cause is in the antivirus, you will need to add an exclusion in it to allow the correction.
Tip: You should ask your IT support to add the C:\EstimateurNDCD folder to the antivirus exclusions. If you are computer savvy, you can always do it yourself. Once done, contact us so we can fix the missing or damaged files.
This error means that the quote that you are working on is already opened.
- If your software are connected together, see with other users if there is someone in this quote and if so, ask him to get out of it.
- You may have another instance of the Estimateur software open. Close it to resolve this issue.
- The software may have crashed while you were working in this quote. The file may need correction of to be force closing. If this is the case, you should contact us by phone to get support
This error mainly occurs to people who have network installations. It simply means that the network drive where the databases reside is not functional.
Dimensions Windows and Doors cannot help you with this error unfortunately. You will need to contact your IT support to have it fixed. This is not an error of our software, but of your IT infrastructure.
There are mainly two causes for this:
- A language compatibility problem: The default language of Windows must be French (Canada) or English (Canada). If it is not specified “(Canada)” next to the main language, the software will crash. This must be corrected by you or your IT department.
- A database problem: We may be able to repair the database files. However, you may no longer be able to open or modify the damaged order, only print it to view it. You can contact us to assist you with this.
- Go in Dimensions software (on each computer with our software) and log in as usual.
- Go in the Configuration section.
- Click on Taxes.
- With the Left and Right arrows, select the province that you need to change and click on the Modify button.
- Change taxes that needs to be changed according to the province standards. The checkbox named “Surtaxe” is only used it provincial taxes are calculated over the federal taxes (rare case).
- Click then on the Save button to save the changes and after on the Stop button to get out of this window. Click again Stop (exit) et get back to main menu.